9.9.08

FAQs

Don’t see your questions answered? Post a comment with your question and we’ll get right back to you.

How does this online learning program work?

This is a self-discovery program which encourages staff to take control of their own learning and to utilize their lifelong learning skills through exploration and play. There will be no classes or workshops offered to support this program. Instead, staff are encouraged to work together and share with each other their discoveries, techniques and “how to’s” both in person and through their blogs.

Is this program open to all Becker Library staff or just some?

This program is open to ALL Becker Library staff regardless of position and status (full and part time). If you are not a member of the Becker staff, you are welcome to follow along, however the library cannot award you any staff prizes for completion.

How long do I have to complete the program?

Thirteen weeks. The program begins on February 18, 2008 and officially ends on May 16, 2008.

How do I track my progress for each of the 23 Things?

Each staff member that chooses to participate in this program will be required to keep a blog to track their progress. You will create a blog post related to each “thing.”

How do I start?

Click on the link to “The 23 Things” on the navigation bar of this blog and start with Week 1, Thing 1. Then just move down the list of 23 Things in order.

Can I work ahead through the list of items on my own?

Yes, of course. You are encouraged to self-direct your discovery process, especially by working ahead on your own.

If I’m not a Becker staff member, can I still participate?

Yes, by all means. However, Becker Library cannot award you any incentives or prizes for completion. We encourage all members of the Washington University School of Medicine community to participate and we welcome your input and comments on this blog and on your own blog.

If I need help who can I call?

Since this program is self-directed and is being completed by many staff members, you are encouraged to work with colleagues along your discovery journey. The list of Participants’ Blogs appears in the right sidebar of this page. Please feel free to post comments to this blog or email Ellen Dubinsky with your questions.

I would like to earn the incentive prize but don’t feel comfortable with my co-workers reading my blog. May I participate anonymously?

Yes and no. Since you control all the information that you share on your blog, you can choose to use a screen name to identify yourself to keep yourself anonymous. However, in order to receive the incentive prize, you will need to identify yourself to a member of the Digital Initiatives group. Please email Ellen Dubinsky if you wish to remain anonymous to the other participants.

Once I complete all 23 things, how do I get my prize?

The incentive prizes will be distributed the week of May 19th.

I want to continue to explore. Where do I start?

The following online journals will help get you started:

How do I post a comment to the Learning 2.0@Becker blog?

You don’t need to register on Wordpress to post a comment to the Learning 2.0 blog. Just enter your name and email address in the boxes above the comment text box. (In other words, you don’t need to use the “Register” hyperlink in the left sidebar of this blog.) All comments are moderated before being published (to avoid publishing spam), so your comment won’t appear immediately. You should see a message indicating that your comment is being held for moderation. We’re checking the comments regularly, so you should see it published within a few hours.

No comments: